"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Camera FoV 179

Vuforia is setting the AR camera FoV to 179 degrees on my Pixel 6. Surely this value is wildly incorrect?? Pixel 6 Unity 2020.3 Vuforia 10.2.5

While Vuforia is seems to be setting the AR Scene Camera's FoV to 179 degrees (for some reason?) the method VuforiaBehaviour.Instance.CameraDevice.GetCameraFieldOfViewRads() returns 1.2, 0.7 (or 69.7, 42.7 in degrees), so not too sure about the giant discrepancy.

Hi there,

Can we get confirmation this is a known issue and/or if its being addressed?  Is there a solution outside of manually setting the FoV every frame?

Thanks.

Hey both,

I'm sorry for the delay in response. This is a new issue and is reported internally for further investigation! 

Thanks for confirming the issue. Please let us know if a fix is likely to be rolled out with the next Vuforia update (and if possible an ETA) or if there is a temporary workaround.

Hey,

As a temporary workaround I suggest following the advice here: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/lod-bias-and-shadow-distance-wrong-vuforia-build#comment-74182

Kind regards,

Patrick Scheper

Hi everyone,

The issue was solved thanks to the feedback that was provided through the forums and developer interviews in the latest release of Vuforia Engine (v10.4.4).

Kind regards,

Patrick Scheper