"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Cannot upgrade to Vuforia 7.1.34 - Installer doesn't know where to put it...

I am running Unity 2018.1.0f2.  First official 2018 release.  

I have a Vuforia project which mostly works, but the components are telling me to upgrade to 7.1.34.  It provides the link to download.  I have done that. 

From the zip was a setup file, which I run, which says "Setup will install Unity 2018.1 Vuforia AR Support in the following folder.  To install in a different folder, click Browse and select another folder.  Click Next to continue."

But the destination folder is empty.  It won't continue until I select a folder.  And I making up a folder to store it in and it said it was wrong.  I have no idea what folder it wants.  

Please note, I am using Windows and Unity Hub, which does not store Unity under the Program Files/Unity/ folder, but instead in Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor under a named version folder, in this case 2018.1.0f2.

Any ideas?

DanVioletSagmiller

Fri, 05/11/2018 - 18:29

I have seen a separate post that is similar, but it did not resolve my issue: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/vuforia-7134-unity2018-broken

I had the same issue on mac, I quit unity and moved my unity installation to the old directory structure, installed the patch and then moved my unity installation back.

[quote=DanVioletSagmiller]

I am running Unity 2018.1.0f2.  First official 2018 release.  

I have a Vuforia project which mostly works, but the components are telling me to upgrade to 7.1.34.  It provides the link to download.  I have done that. 

waldgeist

Fri, 05/18/2018 - 15:23

Same problem here on macOS with Unity Hub and the official release of Unity 2018.1.0f2. The installer just quits with an error. Seems as if Vuforia hasn't tested this in combination with the Unity Hub?!

Hello waldgeist,

I did some investigation and was able to upgrade 2018.1.1f1 through the Unity Hub on Mac. It's a bit of a hassle so I'm discussing with the team if there is a way we can simplify this going forward.

If you use Unity Hub, the Vuforia installation directory should not be C:\Program Files\Unity but something like C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.3.2f1 if you want to install it in the Unity 2018.3.2f1 version.