"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Can't Load Vuforia in Unity 2019.2.0f1

Hi All, 

I've recently upgraded from Unity 2019.1.5f1 with Vuforia 8.1.7 to 2019.2.0f1 and Vuforia 8.3.8, and I now can't get Vuforia to work at all. My AR projects were working fine before, but I now I can't even import the Vuforia package into Unity. I have activated it on the Android Player Settings window, but when I try to add an AR camera it asks to download extra assets just like before, I press OK, and it downloads for a short while before failing and giving me a long list of errors. I've attached a screenshot of the Console log with what I think is one of the main culprits highlighted, but I don't know how to go about fixing it. 

I'm not sure if this is looking in the right direction, but I found this blog post in fixing GUID (if that's even the problem) - https://blog.doppioslash.com/mildly-painful-solution-to-unity3ds-meta-guid-hell/ - If this is the right way to go, which folders / files do I need to delete? 

Can anyone give me any advice? I'm pretty new to Unity and doing this for a work project, so simple instructions would be much appreciated! 

Hi,

Did you enable Vuforia Augmented Reality Support in Unity's XR Settings? File->Build Settings...->Player Settings...?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

Hi @PipLAC

Could you please delete the "Library" folder in the root directory of your project? Please perform this action when the project is closed, afterwards re-open the project. My understanding is that this forces Unity to re-import all assets and may help to resolve the errors.

I've been doing this in a brand new project, so no need for a backup thankfully. I deleted the library file and it did seem to download some additional files. The problem is still there though, I can't add an AR camera or AR Target and I get the error log attached. 

Hi,

In the attached print-screen I could only notice warnings, 0 Errors. You can ignore the warnings.

Do you get a pop error when adding the AR Camera? Try to add the AR Camera and let me know if you can see the GameObject in the Hierarchy.

Thank you.

PipLAC

Wed, 08/21/2019 - 12:38

In reply to by mcotora

I get no error windows popping up, but I won't let me add anything Vuforia related into the hierarchy. If I try to add an AR camera or Image it asks to import the Vuforia files, downloads for a short while, then finishes without adding anything to the hierarchy.

Hi,

This is a a very strange behavior. Could you please create a new project and try following steps?

- Go under Build Settings-> Player Settings -> XR Settings and toggle the check/mark off and on

Try add an AR Camera to the Scene

PipLAC

Thu, 08/22/2019 - 13:46

In reply to by mcotora

I've tried both of those steps in an existing project and a new project, and neither worked. I've attached both of my console logs to show it's still having the same issues as before. 

Hi,

I believe that with the upgrade you made, somehow you have now 2 vuforia installs lingering in the Editor. One via normal update/install and the second one with the packatmanager. By deleting the Vuforia Folder from Assets, you should be able to import the AR Camera.

PipLAC

Thu, 08/22/2019 - 14:48

In reply to by mcotora

Ok I'll try that, where is the Assets folder? Is it in the Unity project itself, or in the program files?

Hi,

I have should have been more specific, I was referring to the Assets folder in the project view from the Editor.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support.

PipLAC

Fri, 08/23/2019 - 12:09

In reply to by mcotora

I tried deleting it completely out of the Assets folder in the project window and that didn't work. 

shafizah

Wed, 04/01/2020 - 00:46

In reply to by mcotora

Hi, I can't find Vuforia Augmented Reality Support in Unity's XR Settings. Where should I find it to make it enable ?

kokorevvv

Mon, 02/17/2020 - 09:07

Hi! i try to use vuforia in unity with the 2019.3.1f1 version, but i don't see vuforia at all, when i go in player settings, then xr settings, there's only "vr reality supported", and no "vuforia augmented reality supported". Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance !

Hi,

The XR Settings will be deprecated in the future, hence Vuforia is not more available via that settings.

norbert89

Tue, 02/18/2020 - 22:51

In reply to by mcotora

solved :) 

rafaelrgarzong

Sun, 04/05/2020 - 19:11

In reply to by norbert89

how?

mcotora

Mon, 04/06/2020 - 07:34

In reply to by rafaelrgarzong

Hi @rafaelrgarzong

You don't need to perform the step of manually activating Vuforia in XR Settings.

Once you installed Vuforia, via the script, you need to add a license in the Vuforia Configuration Settings and thats it, no other steps are required for Vuforia to work.

ashishverma

Wed, 05/27/2020 - 09:00

In reply to by norbert89

Urgent Help needed!   Please tel me the steps. I am using Unity 2019.3.14 on macos 10.15.2.

I am facing issue in dowloading Vuforia 9.1.7 via package manager in Unity 2019.3.14.    :(

Here are the steps :-

Hi,

Based on the print-screen there is a high chance of this being a connection issue.

Have you tried disabling your antivirus and giving it a try?

Windows firewall does not block the connections.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support