"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Can't reimport Vuforia package Unity 2017.3

- Create Vuforia scene 

- Check Vuforia Augmented Reality in PlayerSettings

- Experiment with ARKit (uncheck Vuforia in PlayerSettings and remove files so there are no compile errors)

- Want to go back to Vuforia (recheck Vuforia in PlayerSettings)

- Files don't get reimported, can't download SDK from Asset store, can't download correct release from website)

- Complete and utter failure? Check

edit:

wonderful: creating a new project and trying to get the package that way doesn't work and produces this error 

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'VuforiaConfiguration' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it. Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object. Vuforia.EditorClasses.LicenseDataProvider.SetUfoProjectLicense (System.String value, Boolean requiresEncoding) Vuforia.EditorClasses.UfoLicenseManager.ProcessProjectResponse (UfoLicenseResponseDto response, Vuforia.EditorClasses.CommunicationCompletionObserver completionObserver) Vuforia.EditorClasses.UfoLicenseManager+<>c__DisplayClass16_1.<UpdateProjectLicense>b__1 (UfoLicenseResponseDto r) Vuforia.EditorClasses.WorkerToMainScheduler+<>c__DisplayClass2_1`1[Vuforia.EditorClasses.UfoLicenseResponseDto].<Schedule>b__1 () Vuforia.EditorClasses.WorkerToMainScheduler.UpdateFromMainThread () UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:127)

Hello mlevental,

I followed your steps using Unity 2017.3.0b9 and had no issues re-enabling Vuforia. Are you importing the samples both before and after enabling Vuforia?

Same problem! I need to use Unity 2017.3.0p1 and Vuforia not reimport itself when enabled the option. No comment.

samharper51994

Wed, 07/04/2018 - 11:11

Late but I found the fix:

After re-enabling support in XR settings, go to GameObject > Vuforia > Select any of them, it will prompt you to import the Vuforia assets and job done!