Can't Upgrade to 9.8.5

April 6, 2021 - 1:08pm #1

Hello  I am trying to upgrade to Vuforia 9.8.5 but it gives this permanent error:

An error occurred while resolving packages:

Project has invalid dependencies:

com.ptc.vuforia.engine: Error when executing git command. fatal: update_ref failed for ref 'HEAD': cannot update ref 'refs/heads/master': trying to write non-commit object 2aa4b218a1eefc116d8bef718e26f3a08d2e5f02 to branch 'refs/heads/master'

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of /Users/MyMac/Desktop/MyGame/Packages/manifest.json file.

I am using 2020.3.2 unity editor in a Big Sur Mac.

Vuforia was also conflicting with Kaspersky Anti Virus software but i disabled it.

Can't Upgrade to 9.8.5

April 8, 2021 - 12:48am #4

Hi,

It should be the package folder name something like this: xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Users/mcotora/UnityProjects/TestManualInstall/Packages/com.ptc.vuforia.engine without the brackets.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

Can't Upgrade to 9.8.5

April 7, 2021 - 8:45am #3

Hi, when i write mymac@Username-iMac ~ % xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine </Users/MyMac/Desktop/MyGame/Packages/packages-lock.json> in terminal it gives this error:

zsh: parse error near `\n'

mymac@Username-iMac ~ % is written default when i open terminal then i write your code xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine </Users/MyMac/Desktop/MyGame/Packages/packages-lock.json>

I open my game folder > packages folder and copied path for /packages-lock.json

Am i doing something wrong?

Can't Upgrade to 9.8.5

April 7, 2021 - 6:26am #2

Hi,

Thank you for raising this.

I was able to reproduce the issue with 2020.3.2 LTS. R&D team is looking into this currently.

The issue seems to occur when using the script as an alternative please use the method to manually download the SDK described here: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/vuforia-engine-package-hosting-for-unity.html

MacOs will try and quarantine the package:

To resolve this, an additional step is necessary.

To approve the VuforiaWrapper as a trusted source, add the following in the Terminal Command Line Tool and replace the. <package directory>  with the folder in which the  package.json file is located.

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine <package directory>

Thank you for your understanding.

Vuforia Engine Support