Error in Vuforia Core Samples 7.1.34: Namespace VuforiaMonoBehaviour could not be found

May 4, 2018 - 5:30am #1

Hi there.

I'm trying to make Vuforia Core Samples 7.1.34 work into Unity 2017.4.2f2. I imported the current release from the store (7.1.34) into an empty Unity project and I'm finding this error: 

error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I've been doing some research and found that the suggested fix for this is to ensure that Vuforia Augmented Reality checkbox is checked. However, in my case, that makes no difference (even doing so for every possible target platform, not only the selected one).

Anyone had this kind of issue and/or have any idea about how to make it work?

Error in Vuforia Core Samples 7.1.34: Namespace VuforiaMonoBehaviour could not be found

May 9, 2018 - 4:47am #4

we had the same problem, claimed was version 7.1.34 but inside was 7.1.31. downloading the VuforiaSupportInstaller-Windows-7-1-34.exe to update to 7.1.34 worked, however now all other projects which use different Unity Versions (for example Unity 2017.3.1) are broken. What is the reason for this breakage, is there a common settings file for Vuforia which all Unity versions access? Previously, i believe it was possible to have multiple Versions on the machine.

Is there a way to "repair" older versions, which actually use other versions of Unity? Or is the only chance by updating it to the latest and greatest?  edit: updated to the latest fixed it but i would have rather had it untouched

May 7, 2018 - 2:51am #3

Thanks!! That put me on the right track and is working now.

In case someone have the same issue, clearing my downloaded packages before importing  (and so ensuring that Unitiy is going to download the proper Vuforia version) as suggested by Strasza worked. Just a couple of findings:

• It seems that Unity 2017.4.2f2 is currently downloading Vuvoria 7.0.50 which works, at least, for such Unity version.
  • Unity 2018.1.0f2 downloads Vuforia 7.1.31 (despite unity store claiming that the available verison is 7.1.34 which, unfortunately, causes an excetpion on the editor and can't build. However I realized this little friend here, in the Vuforia Configuration tab which will update to 7.1.34 and will make everything work in 2018.

AttachmentSize
Image icon vuforia.PNG72.95 KB

May 4, 2018 - 2:55pm #2

Hello JoseEdata,

We have observed an issue with the Unity Asset Store in which the wrong version of the samples is downloaded on older versions of the Unity Editor. The 7.1.34 samples are intended for Unity 2018.1 and an older version is supposed to be downloaded when using Unity 2017.3 and .4. You can try clearing out your downloaded packages and attempt to redownload the samples to see if it works.

Alternatively, you can change the line of code referencing "VuforiaMonoBehaviour" to be a regular MonoBehaviour and then delete the resulting line that errors. This should allow you to compile and run the samples.

Thanks,

Vuforia Support