"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Fail to install the UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2018.1

I try to setup Vuforia 7.2 in my Unity 2018.1; however it failed 

When I try to install "UnitySetup-Vuforia-AR-Support-for-Editor-2018.1" It keep say "Installation Failed"; Note: i am using Mac

Regards,

ken

Hello ken,

When running the update on Mac, you'll need to make sure the version of Unity you are wanting to install the updated Vuforia to is located in the Applications/Unity/ folder. The folder can't be named something different, it has to be "Unity" without any other characters.

Rachabathuni

Thu, 08/30/2018 - 13:07

hi,

I try to install Unity 2018.1 Vuforia AR Support in windows 10, but unable to locate the Unity.exe. Can u help me to resolve this problem

Strasza

Thu, 08/30/2018 - 16:26

In reply to by Rachabathuni

[quote=Rachabathuni]

hi,

I try to install Unity 2018.1 Vuforia AR Support in windows 10, but unable to locate the Unity.exe. Can u help me to resolve this problem

[/quote]

Can you show me what folder you are selecting to install this to when this error appears?

I am having exactly the same problem on my Win7 system. I point the installation to the Unity folder, but it still says it can't find Unity.exe. Even though it is right there...
My Unity is installed in "C:\Windows\Program Files\Unity"

tonyboutwell

Sat, 10/20/2018 - 02:26

Getting Same error when trying to install Unity 2018.2 Vuforia AR Support. It says it will install it in the following folder... but that is blank. When you choose a folder it then fails saying it can't locate Unity. What folder should this be installed into??

Hello,

The update installer should be pointed to the base folder where Unity is installed. For example:

C:\Windows\Program Files\Unity

I've heard of issues when using drives that are mapped via USB and/or network locations, but I've yet to be able to replicate.

Hi,

I am trying to install the Vuforia 8.0 update to Unity 2018.3 on mac OS High Sierra.

I have the Unity app folder on a different partition than the sistem.

I keeps faling after writing the files.

Any help ?

medabit

Fri, 01/18/2019 - 17:58

In reply to by gxgpau

Hello @gxgpau,

Please try these instructions to see if they help: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/issues-and-bugs/vuforia-unity-support-installer-editor-path-bug#comment-66725

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

I had the same problem but fixed it using the link by medabit. I'm using Unity Hub and have multiple versions. When selecting the install folder during the Vuforia install, make sure you select the folder that includes the "Unity.app".