Flipped camera on Vuzix m300

October 27, 2017 - 2:14am #1

Hello,

I'm using Vuforia with Unity 2017.2.0f3 on a Mac, after building my project on my android phone (Galaxy S8) everything is working fine.

But when I'm trying on my glasses Vuzix m300 (android) the camera is flipped.

Unity UI isn't flipped it's only the output camera.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words you'll find in the attachments a screenshot of what I'm seeing on the glasses.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

AttachmentSize
Image icon m300_Screenshot.png359.83 KB

January 10, 2018 - 2:58pm #13

OK have finally gotten the camera working the right way up.

Using Unity 2017.3, that has pre-installed Vuforia 7, in the player settings when pushing the app to the Vuzix M300 glasses, change Device Filter to 'FAT (ARMv7 +x86)'.

In the previous version of unity, the impression was that this had to be just 'ARMv7', and changing to FAT is what worked on this project after updating to new Unity. Other settings from previous Unity remained the same (turn off android tv compatibility in Other Settings, make sure Vuforia Augmented Reality is checked in the XR Settings, etc.)

January 7, 2018 - 7:00pm #12

Hi there, apologies for the late reply,

When trying to run the app on vuzix M300 after updating to unity 2017.3, the app crashes with "Failure to initialise! Your hardware does not support this application."

Again, not sure if this is a problem with Vuforia, Unity, Vuzix, or just a setting that is easily changeable on my end.

December 21, 2017 - 4:32pm #11

Hello jpaolaTU,

Vuforia 7 has support for the Vuzix M300. What was the error/crash you were seeing when you upgraded to Unity 2017.3?

Thanks

Vuforia Support

December 21, 2017 - 2:45pm #10

Am having the same problem using unity 2017.2, vuforia 6, on Vuzix M300 glasses running Android 6.0. When testing on Google Pixel 2 (Android 8.0) the app works fine, but porting to Vuzix only the camera feed is flipped; any AR render or UI or HUD-type display remains the correct orientation to the wearer, and this is on immediate open of the app and does not change no matter opening other apps or close and reopen.

It is super disorientating to see!Have also tried rotating the camera on purpose, flipping ARcamera in unity, swapping sides on the glasses, but the internal gyroscope picks it up and flips it back to the incorrect position.

Recently updating to Unity 2017.3 and Vuforia 7 actually ruined the project and force-crashed it, so had to rollback versions. But while waiting those bug fixes to come through, still unsure what to do about this problem! Please help!

December 21, 2017 - 6:12am #9

I have the same problem on an iPhone 6 with iOS 11. It usually happens if you bring your app to the background and then to the foreground again. The camera is flipped upside down then, and there's no way to fix it. Even stopping the app completely doesn't help. I have to reboot the device to make it work again. Sometimes it also helps to open a different Vuforia based iOS app instead.

December 21, 2017 - 4:52am #8

Has someone fixed this problem?

October 31, 2017 - 1:28pm #7

Hey SmithDavis,

I wasn't able to get this to happen with an iPhone 6s on iOS 11. I used Unity 2017.2.0f3 with Vuforia 6.5.22 and under "Render and Presentation" settings for iOS I set Autorotation. I booted up the sample app in landscape mode and the video was rendering with the correct orientation.

Have you been able to reproduce this issue within the samples? If so, could you provide me details on all the changes you made to make it happen?

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 31, 2017 - 10:18am #6

JordanAPPADVISORY, please also check your messages.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 30, 2017 - 4:51pm #5

Check your messages SmithDavis.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 30, 2017 - 8:45am #4

Hi Strasza,

I would like to add that I have seen this behaviour before on devices other than the one specified. Im not sure if this is due to a bug in Unity or Vuforia but this may be affecting more devices than the Vuforia team thinks. I have seen this bug a couple of times during my project's development but have never been able to consistantly recreate it until today.

Unusual Behaviour: When camera starts, orientation of camera flips and stays upside down until the app is restarted. Changing Unity Scenes doesn't appear to fix this. Unity UI Canvas stays the correct way up.

Device Used: iPhone 6, iPhone 6s

iOS Version: 11.0.3 (both devices)

Steps  to recreate:

- Make sure that orientation lock is off on the device and hold it at around a 60* angle from face-up horizontal.

- Open the Vuforia App.

- Once the camera turns on, the orientation is flipped.

October 30, 2017 - 2:08am #3

Thanks for the answer!

We are working on an important project for one of the biggest french electricty supplier,

Could you give us a beta or something to fix this problem ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards.

October 27, 2017 - 2:01pm #2

Hello JordanAPPADVISORY,

This is a known issue when deploying to the Vuzix M300. As mentioned in one of the posts here https://developer.vuforia.com/ official support for the VuzixM300 will be coming in a future version of Vuforia. Keep your eyes on that link as well as these forums for news of this release becoming available.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support