"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Flipped camera on Vuzix m300

Hello,

I'm using Vuforia with Unity 2017.2.0f3 on a Mac, after building my project on my android phone (Galaxy S8) everything is working fine. But when I'm trying on my glasses Vuzix m300 (android) the camera is flipped.

Unity UI isn't flipped it's only the output camera.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words you'll find in the attachments a screenshot of what I'm seeing on the glasses.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

I have the same problem on an iPhone 6 with iOS 11. It usually happens if you bring your app to the background and then to the foreground again. The camera is flipped upside down then, and there's no way to fix it. Even stopping the app completely doesn't help.

JordanAPPADVISORY

Mon, 10/30/2017 - 09:08

Thanks for the answer!

We are working on an important project for one of the biggest french electricty supplier,
Could you give us a beta or something to fix this problem ?

Thanks for your help,
Regards.

Hello jpaolaTU,

Vuforia 7 has support for the Vuzix M300. What was the error/crash you were seeing when you upgraded to Unity 2017.3?

Thanks

Vuforia Support

Hi there, apologies for the late reply,

When trying to run the app on vuzix M300 after updating to unity 2017.3, the app crashes with "Failure to initialise! Your hardware does not support this application."

OK have finally gotten the camera working the right way up.

Using Unity 2017.3, that has pre-installed Vuforia 7, in the player settings when pushing the app to the Vuzix M300 glasses, change Device Filter to 'FAT (ARMv7 +x86)'.

Attachment