Full screen video playback in Unity 5.6.1?

June 16, 2017 - 2:03am #1

Hi all,

sorry to drag up what is probably an old topic but I can't find any info on how to display video full screen in iOS/Android when I use the video player component (Unity 5.6.1).

I have an imageTarget prefab with a plane nested in it that has the videoPlayer component, and the video plays fine within the constraints of the plane, so pretty regular stuff. However I want the video to play full screen on target detection. Can anybody help me with this?

May 21, 2018 - 4:27am #9

do you find any way to archive full screen ?

October 13, 2017 - 2:54pm #8

Hello tompainter,

Unity 2017.2 with natively integrated Vuforia 6.5 is currently live. Our core samples for this version are available on the asset store. The image target scene in these new samples show a way to use a Unity Video Player component to augment video on image target. I recommend checking that out and seeing if you can achieve the functionality you are looking for.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 13, 2017 - 11:32am #7

Hi

seems the vuforia example scene you talk about has been unavailable for several months

https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/samples

I see unity 2017.2 promises to simplify everything. but for now it seems the old (pre unity 2017.2) way is removed, and the new way is very alpha/beta-ish and not a sensible choice for dev either?

Id like to press a play button that is parented to an image target and to see a fullscreen video pop up on android and IOS, preferably streamable rather than playing from within the app.

I'll keep plugging away for now but any advice much appreciated

cheers

tom

June 23, 2017 - 11:20pm #6

Try this

In videoplaybackcontroller.cs  ontap video is selected so you have to edit that code for picking the video on target detection and for fullscreen you have to change the bool value in play function...

June 21, 2017 - 11:23am #5

Unity recently launched the video playback feature. Initial investigation by the team has yielded promising results for integrating the feature with Vuforia tech, but we are still in the evaluation phase and thus have not researched each use case, including full-screen playback. Until we complete our evaluation, the existing Video Playback sample app remains our example for these use cases.

I will update this thread with any relevant findings in the future.

In the mean time, make sure that any Vuforia features you are using in an attempt to get fullscreen working are working properly in the sample project.

June 20, 2017 - 12:43am #4

The help topics in the Unity forums cover this for normal conditions but the AR/imagetarget situation makes for a different set of circumstances I would think. I've created a script using 'handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie' but it won't work, even when I run it on a device.  

June 19, 2017 - 9:26am #3

Hi cgeye,

Playing a video in fullscreen might be a better question for the Unity forums (https://forum.unity3d.com/) as it is not directly a feature of Vuforia.

Thanks.

June 19, 2017 - 8:13am #2

Can anybody Help on this?

I've tried everything I know but no luck.