How to download 7.2.24 Unity Installer?

September 26, 2018 - 2:52pm #1

We have created a project in Unity with version 7.2.24.

Now I'm trying to download this installer on another machine and it says the latest is 7.5.20. When I install that version things are broken (scripts missing, etc).

How do I download the installer for 7.2.24?

Thanks,

John

November 27, 2018 - 12:21pm #7

Hello @gsylvain,

What you describe may be a condition of Vuforia's switch to Positional Device Tracker for Extended Tracking. This was rolled out in Engine SDK 7.2:

https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/positiona-device-tracker.html

Depending upon your use case, you can still use our pre-7.2 SLAM-based Extended Tracking solution:

https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Training/vuforia-fusion-article.html (see Fusion APIs section).

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

November 22, 2018 - 4:42am #6

I understand. But could you please provide a link to the Vuforia support installer 7.2.24. We may want to avoid asking all of our devs + artists + external to uninstall and reinstall their unity. I can't find a page on vuforia's website with a list of all versions + installer links.

We're having an outstanding issue with 7.5.26. On Android + image target mode, the world can sometimes slowly drift away and rotate in a weird angle. I guess the extended tracking should simple stop at this point but the tracking behavior says otherwise. This is one of our top issue listed from our QA department. It occurs a lot more when ARCore isn't active.

November 12, 2018 - 4:37pm #5

Hello,

You can revert to previous versions of Vuforia SDK by downloading older versions of the Unity Editor and not upgrading Vuforia when prompted.

Note that this *may* introduce API incompatibility with our sample code.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

October 16, 2018 - 9:01am #4

I'm also interested to revert from 7.5.20 to 7.2.24.

7.5.20 introduced a weird issue where the world is slowly rotating/drifting when losing our image target. It was quite good with 7.2.24 or at least was simply losing tracking. The current user experience is worse.

October 6, 2018 - 10:14am #3

Hi,

I did the same mistake. As a workaround I've downloaded a new Unity version (2018.2.10f1) which comes with Vuforia 7.2.23 installed.

Best

October 1, 2018 - 7:57pm #2

It's a pity they don't keep the older version installs...

I'm also looking for 7.2.24 due to a project (accidentally) upgraded to 7.5 and having issues.

#1 biggest complaint I've seen on Vuforia as relates to Unity.