Camera latency within my Vuforia enabled Unity app is causing motion sickness, similar to low frame rate VR.
Generally I am seeing poor performance using Vuforia, despite trying the below.
Vuforia's Configuration settings
- Set Device Mode to 'MODE_OPTIMIZE_SPEED'
- Set Application frame rate set to 60fps
- Added 'Frame Rate Settings' to the AR Camera
- Disabled Smart Terrain Tracker
- Disabled Device Tracker
- Enabled Load Object Targets on Detection
- Set Max Simultaneous Tracked Images & Objects to 1
- Reduced application resolution to 200 DPI
- Removed Debug.Logs
- Checked general performance
- Set Quality Settings to 'Fastest'
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Question 1.) How do I increase the camera frame rate?
Question 2.) I have 17 image targets in my Database. Can the amount of Image Targets decrease performance?
I had a user login input field. When disabling that (so the keyboard didn't pop up) I had a big increase in performance.
Question 3.) Does the native Android keyboard pop up still effect performance? (and is a fix on the way?)