iOS 11.0.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

October 21, 2017 - 11:31pm #1

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 11.0.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, your app launches to a blank view with no content.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

-- I got a black screen as a screenshot--

I am getting this error for the app i have submitted. Is Vuforia not using IPv6 ?

I have no other plugins installed than Vuforia.

Is there any way to solve this?

March 5, 2018 - 2:58pm #4

Hello Equentvuforia,

We're sorry to hear of your difficulties. We have had reports similar to this in the past and every time we've investigated it has been determined that Vuforia is *not* the source of the crash.

Vuforia does not have an independent network stack implementation. Rather, we rely upon the device's native OS for all networking including IPv6 and DNS. Additionally, all Vuforia network calls are non-blocking, so the SDK does not rely upon these calls successfully completing. They are done on a best effort basis and if they fail, the SDK will continue operation as normal.

Apologies that we cannot be of more assistance.

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

March 5, 2018 - 4:00am #3

Hello,

we have the same issue, I attach the Symbolized crash file (I replaced sensitive datas but the log is essentially the same).

Someone can help us?

AttachmentSize
Package icon CrashFile.crash_.zip26.39 KB

October 23, 2017 - 3:56pm #2

Hello skytoustudios,

Have you been able to reproduce this issue yourself and retrieved the logs? Vuforia shouldn't be failing to initialize because of an IPv6 network so I'd be curious to see what error shows up in the logs.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support