"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Issue Migrating to 2017.2.0f2

I've been having a lot of troubling migrating an existing project into the new versions of Unity with Vuforia built in. At first I was in 2017.2 and did like many others have said and remade all my image targets with Vuforia 6.5 and then deleted the old instance. My builds for iOS however kept failing within Unity. I then tried upgrading Unity to 2013.3 and was able to successfully get a build out of Unity and into Xcode but then they failed there. I downgraded back to 2017.2.0f2 and now have an error I can't seem to get to the bottom of:

Assets/Vuforia/Editor/Scripts/OpenSourceInitializer.cs(53,11): error CS0535: `OpenSourceInitializer.DefaultBehaviourAttacher' does not implement interface member `IDefaultBehaviourAttacher.AddDefaultSmartTerrainEventHandler(UnityEngine.GameObject, Vuforia.PropBehaviour, Vuforia.SurfaceBehaviour)'

Anyone else encounter this same issue?

Hello BennyOKC91,

The errors you posted here are likely because you pulled the project into 2017.3, which Vuforia currently doesn't support.

It looks like I failed to screenshot the original issue with my 2017.2 project. To my best recollection, it was something about not having the material files for my image targets.

Hi BennyOKC91,

Please check this post to find our new migration documentation: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/migrating-vuforia-62-unity-projects-vuforia-65-unity-20172

Thanks,

Thanks Strasza.

I'm having trouble following one part of that document though. In the file paths, what does *.* mean? 

A * is often used as a wildcard character to mean "all" so this case Assets/Vuforia/*.* means delete all files of all extension types in Assets/Vuforia/

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

I am also having the same issue. Did you able to solve it? Please let me know if anyone has solution for it.

natieyoub

Tue, 02/20/2018 - 15:22

I'm also having the same exact issue, but it only happens when I open the project on a PC, not on my macbook. I also got about 20 error messages saying "Broken text PPtr in file". Anyone have a solution to this?

Im using Unity 2017.2.1