"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

macOS, 2019.3.0f5 : Crash on play

Hello,

I've been struggling to get Vuforia 8.6.10 to work with Unity 2019.3.0f5. Unity crashes when clicking on the play mode button, every time. I've tried with a new project, a project that had already been built before, and Vuforia's sample project from the asset store. I can't get any of them to work.

I'm using Unity and Vuforia on a 2019 MacBook Pro, running macOS Catalina 10.15.2.

I've tried checking camera permissions, but I can't find Unity or Unity Hub in the camera permissions list, nor did Unity ever asked me for such permissions (and it was working before !). I've also tried using OpenGL instead of Metal, both for the Unity Editor and the target build, that didn't work either. Building and running on iOS also ends up in a crash right away. I've tried a lot of things, using these forums, stackoverflow, and the Unity forums, to no avail.

I've attached the macOS crash log.

Update : Turns out the iOS target version was wrong the warning did not come up in the console in Unity 2019.3.0f5, but it did show up with 2019.3.4f.

Attachment