The name 'Unzip' does not exist in the current context (CS0103) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

December 21, 2018 - 6:39am #1

Hey guys!

I've got this problem, after updating Unity it is appeared an error, that previously there was not: "The name 'Unzip' does not exist in the current context (CS0103) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)".

I can't solve the problem: I have uninstall and installed again Unity, I installed Android Studio to have SDK tools, I have clicked "reimport" on Vuforia folder and I have restarted Unity but the error persists.

Can you help me? It is very important!

Thanks!

The name 'Unzip' does not exist in the current context (CS0103) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

April 5, 2019 - 11:22am #10

Hello,

The original error reported below was for upgrading Vuforia Engine SDK 6.2 to a recent version. We don't have a clear upgrade path for this due to the large jump in versions.

If this error is also occurring for upgrading for more recent versions of Engine SDK (8.0, 8.1), please provide relevant information so that we can attempt to reproduce and triage.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

April 4, 2019 - 8:31pm #9

Vuforia, 

Did you guys find the solution ? Its a big flaw if a SDK is not providing support in their latest versions. Developers are really struggling with this Unzip error. Any update on this question ?

March 6, 2019 - 10:07am #8

I exchanged the tools folder with previous version now previous error of "unzip does not exist" is gone but new error is encountered "Resource compilation failed!"  what to do

March 4, 2019 - 8:06am #7

I also encountered the same error, so now what's the solution

January 10, 2019 - 11:52am #6

Hello,

Unfortunately, the use of Vuforia Engine SDK 6.2 with Unity 2018.3 is not supported.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

January 7, 2019 - 5:57pm #5

I get this error when i try to use the AR camera  from Vuforia package into newest version of unity.

I use:

Unity 2018.3.0f2 personal 

vuforia-unity-6-2-10-unitypackage

unitysetup Vuforia AR-support-for-editor-2018.3.0f2.exe

I have done a lot of click here and there . I also have checked the vuforia augmented support from XR settings  but still the error persist. Please help!

AttachmentSize
Image icon error.PNG167.56 KB

January 2, 2019 - 1:27pm #4

Hello,

We are unfamiliar with this error. Can you provide some additional details:

• Starting Unity Editor version
  • Targeted Unity Editor version for upgrade
  • Vuforia SDK version (start)
  • Vuforia SDK version (target)

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

December 27, 2018 - 1:03pm #3

Hey! 

Unfortunately, I didn't find a solution but I think that the problem is the incompatibility between Vuforia and last update of Unity.

December 25, 2018 - 11:56am #2

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem