"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

New ISSUE- 2021 Editors - PackageVersionLookUpdata.Update: Package Search Request failed

Hello,

Each time i click on a vuforia target on hierarchy an error message writes in console:

PackageVersionLookUpdata.Update: Package Search Request failed UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object) Vuforia.EditorClasses.PackageVersionLookupService:Update () UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)

Using Mac Big Sur and this happened all 2021 editors i tried them all. I am using latest vuforia

I get this error on Windows.

PackageVersionLookUpdata.Update: Package Search Request failed
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Vuforia.EditorClasses.PackageVersionLookupService:Update ()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

I am having the same issue on a mac too. When i click on hierarchy. It is very annoying please help us.

PackageVersionLookUpdata.Update: Package Search Request failed

Hi,

I tested the behaviour on mac with intel chip and was not able to see this error.

Could you please let me know what steps you took prior to seeing this error? Did you maybe upgade VE? Or Unity?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

xebuddha

Thu, 04/22/2021 - 09:18

In reply to by mcotora

@mcotora Could you please let me know what steps you took prior to seeing this error:

I was using Unity 2020.3.1 with latest vuforia then i upgraded to 2021.1.3 

After upgrading, i had same issue with all 2021 editors that i tried

Hi @xebuddha,

Ok, I tried with the 2021.1.2 a fresh install and it worked.

This being said I will test also the 2021.1.3 and let you know if I can reproduce the error.