I have made up a new AR test scene with one single image target and one simple game object (started with a cube, then downloaded stuff from asset store, all the same). I can see the object aligned in game mode preview, but when i try to view it in Play mode with the webcam, i cant see anything but my (physical = printed) image target. What i've checked is:
- the correct database is active.
- Scale of image target is the same in vuforia target manager as in unity the size of the image target.
- Scale of the objects is adjusted "optically", same as in previous tests where it worked.
- In Scene mode the game object is perfectly inside the AR Camera FOV and inside the clipping plane borders (sorry my english) .
- Image target (1000 untis scale) and object are both on origin point 0, 0, 0.
- The Image Target is rated with 5 stars (tried with several different targets)
- While in Play mode, the position and rotation values of the image target are changing (as i can see in AR Camera Inspector) while i move my image target in front of the camera, so tracking seems to work.
- Tried to track further than my target with "enable extended tracking" to see, if the object is somewhere else, but i could not find (or reach) it.
What irritates me the most is, that as soon as i am in play mode, the AR cameras position is somewhere totally different than i have specified in Scene mode:
- AR Camera in Szene mode: 0, 1800, 0
- AR Camera in Play "mode": "center" is floating around -1200, 1800, 1600
And as far as i understand, while using "First Target" as World Center Mode the AR camera should be aligned according to the target (with its position at 0, 0, 0), am i right? Further, maybe it is coincidence and i struggle to find the same "center" in my device cameras FOV, but it seems like everytime i hit Play the AR Camera position in Play mode is slightly different (-1500, .....). So now i'm pretty out of ideas. I'm not very experienced in Vuforia and Unity, but it is not my first test and i was able to track objects without problems before, and as far as i know i havent done anything else in this test.
Maybe someone in this good community knows a solution or the reason for my problem? Still hoping that i'm just too dumb and it's an easy fix.
Many thanks for any hints!