"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Problem with duplicated ImageTargets in Unity Editor with Vuforia 6.2.10

Hello,

when I put an ImageTarget Prefab from Vuforia Prefabs to the scene and set a predefined Target, all is well. I can do this many times. But when I do not pick new ImageTargets from the Prefabs folder, strange things happen.

What do I mean?

The first ImageTarget is build up with some objects as children. I want this for the next targets too. So I duplicate the ImageTarget in the Scene with all its children. When I set the ImageTarget in the duplicated ImageTarget GameObjects ImageTargetBehaviour, then the new (duplicated) AND the old one will be changed to the new ImageTarget Texture and Size. The texture changes all the time, when I click on the old or new (duplicated) ImageTarget in the scene. I I duplicate some more, the all have this strange behaviour. In the Editor they all show the ImageTarget Texture of the last clicked target. AND each time I set in the ImageTargetBehaviour a new ImageTarget ID, all other ImageTargets get the scaling from the new one. Very strange!

This happens with Unity 5.3.6 and 5.5.2 with Vuforia 6.2.10. (Unity on Mac OS, also tested on a second Mac)

I tested different Vuforia Versions and the error/unexpected behaviour occurs since Vuforia 6.2.6.

With older Vuforia this worked and was a nice Workflow. But now, every time take a ImageTarget Prefab from the Prefabs Folder and build the children for this target again is a pain, if you have to do this for 40 or 80 Targets. Why is the "duplicate" not working anymore as in old versions? All duplicated ImageTarget GameObjects seems to be connected to each other and this is not good!

What can I do? Use and old Vuforia Version?

Greetings,

Martin

nazeran2010

Mon, 07/10/2017 - 09:04

Hi.

Same problem with duplicate ImageTargets as Martin say with Vuforia 6.2.10.

I think this is a bug with this version and there is not newer version yet