"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Resolution issues with Vuforia 7 and 2017.3.0f3

The shots from the camera are very blurry and low-res even with the higher settings options on the camera prefab 

Is there a way to obtain HD content here? 

Hello inayo,

Which devices and OS versions are you seeing this on?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

As mentioned in the thread you linked, we are locked into the resolution provided by ARKit at the current time. We will take advantage of the improved resolutions provided by ARKit 1.5 in the future however. Due to this, screenshots are also locked in to this resolution.

ARKit 1.5 is just now public, are you releasing a patch that allows for higher resolution video? 

Actually, the release notes are a bit confusing... since it mentions 1080p - does the Vuforia 7.0.43 available in Unity 2017.3.0p2 support higher resolutions? 

Has the camera resolution for iOS been resolved in the latest release? I don't see it listed in the release note so just wondering... It's 2018 and it'd be nice to get a 1080p video footage from Vuforia. 

Strasza, I can get a 1080p frame and 60 hz out of 7.1.34 but image quality is definitely poorer than what I expected.  I don't know what limitations you're up against but was hoping for the same quality image as Vuforia 6.5.  See this image: