"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Smart Terrain + Unity 2017.3.0b2

Vuforia is integrated into Unity 2017.3.0b2, but it looks like Smart Terrain is not available. I can't create a Smart Terrain object from the Vuforia menu, and there is no Smart Terrain prefab. Any help? Is Smart Terrain only available through the Unity package?

I'm finding that the latest Unity beta release with vuforia is missing a lot of things. It's best to downgrade to unity 2017.1 with vuforia 6.5 for now.

I have a similar problem.

Just upgraded to 2017.2.0f3 and installed the included Vuforia 6.5 package.

Unfortunately there is no smartterrain prefab included.

The recent changelog informs, that the smart terrain api is deprecated with version 6.5.19.

Hello pesche,

This is correct, Smart Terrain is currently deprecated in 6.5 and you cannot pull the objects in directly from our game object menu. However, the scripts for these objects are still available. You can add them as components to any Unity object and the apis still exist.

OK. Thanks for the hint. I'll try that approach.

I was already wondering, because the article explaining the smart terrain functionality had been released by end of September 2017.

After managing to Upgrade to 6.2 from 5.5 and everything seemingly working fine, I tried Upgrading to 6.5 to find out that indeed SmartTerrain has been deprecated, maybe it would be prudent to also mention that in the Migration guide: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/migrate-vuforia-

[quote=Wolfsmutter]

If I'm using SmartTerrain, should I stay on 6.2 for now till it is integrated in the final version of 7.0/Unity 2017.3? Any idea on when that might be (weeks/months)?

[/quote]

[quote=pesche]

Can you tell me, if the penguin sample project is anywhere for download? (https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/Penguin-Smart-Terrain-Sample.html)

[/quote]

Wolfsmutter

Wed, 01/24/2018 - 19:38

Now that 2017.3 is out, is there any Migration guide or general guide on how to port ~6.2 or earlier Vuforia projects using SmartTerrain to 7.0?

andersemil

Thu, 03/08/2018 - 12:40

Any update on this? Why did the SurfaceBehaviour and ReconstructionBehaviour disappear in Vuforia 7? It seems we are now only able to interact with a ground plane and not any smart terrain / obstacles with masking :( :( :(

if smart Terrain is deprecated then how can we implement such use case using Vuforia?

also where is documentation for new prefabs like MidAirReference, DefaultPlaneIndicator , ....