"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Switching Device Tracking Mode (Unity 2017.3.b1)

Hi all! I'm building an app using the new beta which requires both 3DOF and 6DOF in different scenes. Additionally, I need to support devices which don't have ARKit and allow them to run with rotational tracking. I've tried

VuforiaConfiguration.Instance.DeviceTracker.TrackingMode = DeviceTracker.TRACKING_MODE.ROTATIONAL;

to switch from positional tracking to rotational tracking, but it does nothing (and has a nasty side effect of causing a resource issue, leading to severe lag). I have tried a number of things in combination with this, such as loading a new scene, calling VuforiaRuntime.Instance.InitVuforia(), and destroying the camera and loading a scene with a new camera. None of these helped the issue. I am still stuck with 6DOF, and on a device without ARKit I don't even have rotational tracking (otherwise I could leave it on positional tracking and simply have the world "follow" the camera when I want 3DOF)

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

I'd love to wait for the full release, but unfortunately I do not have that luxury of time.

Same issue here. Would seriously like to know how to change device tracking mode at runtime.

I want to enable positional tracking first, and if that fails fallback to rotational tracking. This shouldn't be that hard...?

ICEDevelopers

Wed, 06/27/2018 - 10:14

Same issue here - Would like to switch from a scene using marker tracking to a scene with ground plane in use and the ground plane is always offset/broken because it requires a different tracking mode.

I guess this would help

https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/Configuring-Rotational-Tracking-in-Unity.html