"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Terrible webcam performance after upgrade to Unity 2017.3 / Vuforia 7

Since I upgraded my proejct from 2017.1 and Vuforia 6 to 2017.3 and Vuforia 7, the MacOS webcam is only working in a "slow-motion" way if the light is rather dark. It seems as if the frame-rate has dropped to 1 per second, especially under dark lighting conditions. The same project runs smoothly with the old version (it's just a bit noisy), if I run it in parallel under the same conditions. So it's definitely related to the upgrade.

oguzhantopsakal

Thu, 12/28/2017 - 13:10

I have the same issue. I just upgraded to to 2017.3 and Vuforia 7 (I installed Mac version) and the app became unusable, terrible performance!

I am looking forward to see a quick update. I am not sure how such a bug was released...

Hello waldgeist,

I have not seen this issue in Vuforia 7. Are you only seeing this in the project you upgraded from 2017.1, or do you see it in a brand new Vuforia 7 project as well?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

blitzbrot

Fri, 01/05/2018 - 15:00

I also have the same issue, but with the camera performance on my motorola g4,

on windows the webcam performs ok (under good lightning conditions) but when i upgraded from 2017.2 to 2017.3 the camera refreshes at about 1frame/sec.

JavierHerrera

Mon, 03/05/2018 - 15:30

Same here, building on Moto G4 plus Unity 2017.3 and camera is too damn slow, Was Working fine on previous version!   (Also, ground target isn't working)