Trouble making AssetBundles with Vuforia also in the project (Error CS0246)

September 18, 2018 - 10:12am #1

I have a project with Vuforia in it, I just updated it hoping that it would fix the issue (updated to 7-2-24). I'm learning to code and do all of this and I came to an error that I cannot figure out the relation to what I have just done. I'm trying to create an assetbundle. The code to create the assetbundle is pretty much exactly as found on the Unity Database.

using UnityEditor;
using System.IO;

public class CreateAssetBundles
{
    [MenuItem("Assets/Build AssetBundles")]
    static void BuildAllAssetBundles()
    {
        string assetBundleDirectory = "Assets/ABtoExport";
        if (!Directory.Exists(assetBundleDirectory))
        {
            Directory.CreateDirectory(assetBundleDirectory);
        }
        BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles(assetBundleDirectory, BuildAssetBundleOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle, 
            EditorUserBuildSettings.activeBuildTarget);
    }
}

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetBundles-Workflow.html

Now, when I go to Assets -> Build AssetBundles, instead of doing anything I get 10 errors from Unity all in the Vuforia scripts. When I comment out the BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles line I get no errors (and of course, nothing happens) but I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(10,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(10,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(18,50): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaMonoBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(18,60): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ITrackableEventHandler' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(22,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaUnity' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs(101,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VuforiaUnity' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(22,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TrackableBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(50,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TrackableBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs(51,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TrackableBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Since they are Vuforia scripts I absolutely do not touch them. And everything seems to run fine when I remove the Unity provided assetbundle script, but why would assetbundles not work with Vuforia also being in the project? I'm positive I'm overlooking something. Any help, please?