"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Trying to create more than 100 Image Targets with type "From Image"

Hi, I have 150 image targets in my scene that I created with the Image Target Behaviour, on Unity 2019.3 with Vuforia 9.0.12. I've set the type of the Image Target to "From Image", so I don't have to create a database for all those targets. When I had 30 targets in testing, this went fine, but now that I created the rest, I seem to hit a limit. Disabling the last 50 seems to help. Is there a limit of 100 Image Targets created this way? Should I create a Database of my images online anyway?

Best, Frank

Hi,

There is no hard limit. When you say the you hit a limit, how did it manifest? Do you see this behaviour in Play Mode or on the device?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

frankh

Fri, 04/10/2020 - 08:47

In reply to by mcotora

It is both Play mode and on device: this is the message that I get 50 times when I activate all 150 Image Targets:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that but glad that it worked in the end.

Would it be possible to share your project with us? to further investigate the issue.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

ijsSoftware

Tue, 04/14/2020 - 09:45

In reply to by mcotora

[quote=mcotora]

Would it be possible to share your project with us? to further investigate the issue.

[/quote]

I would, but can't just upload it here because it's currently under NDA. If there's a way to email it or use WeTransfer or something, let me know?

Hi,

Yes, please use your desired cloud provider and pm me the link for download.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

ijsSoftware

Tue, 04/21/2020 - 19:59

Hi, do you have a solution for our problem yet? I temporarily solved it by using a database made online, but it adds a few megabytes to our app's size that I'd rather avoid having in there.

aleksabzc

Thu, 06/25/2020 - 17:01

I got around this problem with multiple DataSets. I put 100 images in a dataset, and then made a new one for the next 100 and so on.