Turning off AR Camera then back on breaks Vuforia 7.1..34!!!

May 25, 2018 - 7:45am #1

So there is a major bug in the new release of Vuforia that is really annoying and I dont know how to get around it.

If I turn the AR Camera on either in run-time or not I get:

Vuforia initialization failed

Vuforia initialization failed: INIT_ERROR

In the console window and in the game a screen pops up in run-time that says Vuforia can't initialize.

I then I have to completely uninstall Vuforia and re import it to get it working again.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there any way to get around it because I really need to disable the camera in run-time then turn it back on when a button is pressed.

Thanks

Full code error below:

Vuforia initialization failed: INIT_ERROR

INIT ERROR

Failed to initialize Vuforia.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

DefaultInitializationErrorHandler:SetErrorCode(InitError) (at Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs:166)

DefaultInitializationErrorHandler:OnVuforiaInitializationError(InitError) (at Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/DefaultInitializationErrorHandler.cs:26)

System.Delegate:DynamicInvoke(Object[])

Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeDelegate(Delegate, Object[])

Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeWithExceptionHandling(Action`1, InitError)

Vuforia.VuforiaRuntime:HasInitializationCompleted()

Vuforia.VuforiaARController:UpdateState(Boolean, Boolean)

Vuforia.DigitalEyewearARController:Update()

System.Delegate:DynamicInvoke(Object[])

Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeDelegate(Delegate, Object[])

Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeWithExceptionHandling(Action)

Vuforia.VuforiaBehaviour:Update()

June 1, 2018 - 2:34am #3

Can you tell me which device you are using? This happens to our project as well, but it seems to only affect newer devices.

/edit quick update, this seems to be an issue with newer Android SDK versions, it doesn't automatically ask for permission after install and Vuforia throws this error if permission wasn't granted.

May 25, 2018 - 2:32pm #2

Hello leakymutant,

Which version of Unity are you using? Did you install it through the Unity Hub or as a stand-alone? Is this happening with a blank project and/or the samples? Are you on Mac or Windows?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support