"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Unable to autofocus with vuforia 7.5.26 and Galaxy S8

I am trying to run an application that uses both markers and groundplane detection on a Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F). I've read in others forums that after upgrading to Vuforia 7.5.26 autofocus should work, but it doesn't (also added the arcore 1.4 aar). The image is blurry and the application is not able to detect the markers. This application was developed with an iPhone 7 and it worked flawlessly, but we only have a few S8s to run the final application.

I also tried to attach a script from older theads that sets the focus mode to CameraDevice.FocusMode.FOCUS_MODE_CONTINUOUSAUTO, but, after this, the camera returns a black image.

Is this a bug on S8 devices (I didn't see any in the release notes)? Will it be fixed soon? Am a I doing something wrong or have to do something else?

Thanks!

Hello,

Did a small change to the existing Vuforia Core Samples to be able to toggle continuous autofocus on & off in the Ground Plane scene:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m69xm054wxb8gpd/2018_11_13_11_14_27%5B1%5D.mp4?dl=0