Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issue - CheckDisalowAllocation

July 18, 2017 - 5:16am #1

We're getting issues when entering or leaving a Unity scene with Unity 2017.1.0f3 and Vuforia 6.2.10:

"Fatal Error!

CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

Unity then locks up. Is this a compatibility problem with the new Unity version? If so, any idea on when this will be fixed

August 9, 2017 - 3:12am #25

Works well, thnx for the idea :) and for sharing it.

August 4, 2017 - 10:29pm #24

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the previous version is great and we were appreciated the Vuforia team 's work.

the reason why we had to updates the unity to new version is because the latest IOS and it caused a chain effect...

New IOS ->the Xcode has to update for build ->the existed unity need to update too since the unity plugin don't include the new Xcode version-> after the unity and Xcode updated and try to build in xcode, the build failed and the reason is the used version of Vuforia is not covered in new Xcode-> then we have to update the Vuforia too->then after we got new version IOS,XCode, Unity and Vuforia, finally it had Fatal error when using AR camera and we found the new Vuforia is not support an App include two AR camera to control back camera and front camera individually ...

Please don't  misunderstand I am not complaint about this. But what I mean is it is not possible to downgrade the unity , Xcode or back to the stage we did not update, since the IOS , Mac OS had been updated...

we are still waiting and looking forward to have any update version that can be more stable, user friendly and better performance from vurforia.

if have any update please feel free to let us know. Since right now, we really no idea which stage of our work will be hanged with unknown error suddenly and it's hard to commit our client which effect can be done and which effect may cause error...

thanks for your team effort and looking for any update version release soon.

August 4, 2017 - 5:25pm #23

Hello all,

I wanted to provide some additional clarity on this topic.

As we are working towards a native integration with the Unity 2017.2 release, we have not formally tested the Vuforia 6.2.10 extension with the 2017.1 version of the Editor. Thus, you may encounter bugs that are typically resolved before a Vuforia commercial release. We recommend continuing to use our 6.2.10 extension with previous versions of Unity (5.5, 5.6, etc.).

We are working hard to include our native integration in Unity 2017.2, which is currently in beta. Stay tuned for the announcement, and thanks for your interest in Vuforia.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

August 4, 2017 - 10:53am #22

So..... all of a sudden it's working. Not only was the editor crashing, I had errors for clickable actions driven by colliders and a super simple billboard script that was throwing null reference errors when I built my scene and tested on iOS. I didn't know if these were related problems so I created a simple scene to isolate the errors. The scene was only an image target, an AR camera, and a sphere. At first the editor was still crashing, so I did a couple of iOS builds without testing in the editor. Building this fresh scene and testing on iOS cleaned up the errors so I tried running it in the editor - it worked. I went back to my original scene in the same project. It ran correctly in the editor.

I'm at a total loss.

August 4, 2017 - 8:08am #21

Same issue here. I always dread upgrading to a new version of Unity because of this. I hope the future Unity integration that was revealed last year will result in better version compatibility. Please let us know when there is a fix asap. I have several client relationships riding on this.

- Bill

August 3, 2017 - 2:42am #20

Same here:

• vuforia-unity-6-2-10
  • Unity 2017.1.0f3
  • Mac OS X 10.12.6

Builds for Android work correctly (Development build from Unity, using latest Android SDK).

What is the ETA to have this fixed?

August 2, 2017 - 9:32pm #19

After whole day testing, I found the Fatal Error only happened in Unity Play mode, but it can be run in iPhone.

And Thank you for "udvaritibor" 's script shown at below, since that script can be used in Unity when developing the effect in Unity editor ( at least can turn on the AR camera for testing/ preview, but don't try to change any scene in unity editor). 

Once confirmed all layout I will activate the AR camera, uncheck the delay initialization, and move all image target stuff out of the game object with "udvaritibor" 's script  before build to the mobile phone for testing.

this is what i found and hope Vuforia can fix this issue as soon as possible. and if anyone have any news or solution, please feel free to share.

*I found the vuforia 6 is not support 2 AR CAMERA in APP? Since I have used the previous version ( seem like ver.5-5-9) to develop an APP which can include 2 AR cameras, which mean 1 button with AR camera can control the front camera, and 1 button can control the back camera for the user selfie.

But the vuforia 6 seem only support 1 AR camera in APP. i have tried 2 scene with 2 AR cameras in unity , but when i set one AR Camera use front camera and other one use back camera, the result i got is both 2 AR camera have 2 same setting, it not able to be set individually..... do anyone also have same issues? or any solution? or can the Vuforia team can add back this feature?

thanks

August 2, 2017 - 7:00am #18

And after i tested several times, when click the Play mode with AR CAMERA, (when turn on the Camera), the "Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

Also when press the button for change the scene, the Fatal Error will also happened, may i ask did anyone also the same or the error will happen in different situation?

August 2, 2017 - 1:44am #17

Dear All, 

i same face this Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

My working environment: vuforia-unity-6-2-10 & Unity 2017.1.0f3, Mac 10.12.6

It can turn on the camera and can detected the image target, but when i add a button for change the scene with the script shown at below), and press the button in PLAY mode, then the FATAL Error appear. 

using UnityEngine;

using System.Collections;

public class Changescene : MonoBehaviour {

// Update is called once per frame

public void ChangeToScene (string sceneToChangeTo) {

Application.LoadLevel(sceneToChangeTo);

}

}

I am not sure is it because my script crush the vuforia 6 or not, but this script i had been used to develop different App with AR feature already.

May I ask anyone can help?

Thanks 

August 2, 2017 - 1:43am #16

Dear All, 

i same face this Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

My working environment: vuforia-unity-6-2-10 & Unity 2017.1.0f3, Mac 10.12.6

It can turn on the camera and can detected the image target, but when i add a button for change the scene with the script shown at below), and press the button in PLAY mode, then the FATAL Error appear. 

using UnityEngine;

public class Changescene : MonoBehaviour {

// Update is called once per frame

public void ChangeToScene (string sceneToChangeTo) {

Application.LoadLevel(sceneToChangeTo);

}

}

I am not sure is it because my script crush the vuforia 6 or not, but this script i had been used to develop different App with AR feature already.

May I ask anyone can help?

Thanks 

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 31, 2017 - 1:24pm #15

@occurrentarts I'm running Vuforia SDK v6.2.10 and Unity 2017.1 and it seems to be working ok for me on iOS. What are the error messages that you are getting exacly? Just as a note you can recompile the Vuforia lib with a script called Plugins/iOS/VuforiaMediaSource/build.sh, please make sure that you check the README.txt for clear instructions on how to do so. I tried to do that but I'm 90% sure that I reverted to the default build at some point and it still worked.

Can you post your specific error, maybe on a different thread since it seems like a different issue?

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 31, 2017 - 10:40am #14

I'm also experiencing issues with Vuforia in Unity 2017.1.

udvaritibor's LateInit workaround does prevent the CheckDissallowAllocation error and I'm able to run in OSX, but Vuforia throws errors when I attempt a build for iOS.

Issue appears to be the fact the Vuforia's libVuforiaUnityPlayer.a is built to look for AppController.mm which in Unity 2017.1 has been renamed to UnityAppController.mm?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/StructureOfXcodeProject.html

Because the plugin is a prebuilt binary it doesn't appear to be possible to change the reference as Unity suggests.

Can anyone recommend any workarounds or is there any sort of timeline for when you'll offer 2017.1 support?

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 30, 2017 - 11:34am #13

I was having the same problem so I took the Vuforia initialisation into my own hands.

1. I checked Delayed initilaization in the Vuforia Configuration
  2. I moved all my targets and Vuforia related things into a GameObject called LateInit
  3. I deactivated the ARCamera
  4. I added this script on an empty gameobject
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Vuforia;

public class InitVuforia : MonoBehaviour {

[SerializeField] GameObject lateInit;
[SerializeField] GameObject arCamera;

IEnumerator Start () {
  VuforiaRuntime.Instance.InitVuforia ();

yield return new WaitForSeconds (0.2f);
  arCamera.SetActive (true);

yield return new WaitForSeconds (0.2f);
  lateInit.SetActive (true);
}

}

I'm not even sure about the waiting times or if they are necessary, wanted to give this out as soon as possible to save you the frustration of having Unity crashing all the time.

I think this is a workable solution until Vuforia come out with a fix.

PS: I think the OP should include the error name in the title for further referencing

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 27, 2017 - 11:40am #12

Met the same error. It appears every time I try running the image recognition scene in unity editor.

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 27, 2017 - 12:01am #11

Hi.

Add this problem a bit randomly when launching a device database target project. Annoying but usable. 

Updated MacOS this morning and now the problem is happening every time... Don't know if it exists a cause-effect connection...

So, very interested by a fix! Customer project really soon... :)

Vuforia for Unity is really cool!

Thank you! 

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 24, 2017 - 9:14am #10

Hi, any news on this?

having the same problem, just updated vuforia SDK and it does not work. 

Thanks!

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 24, 2017 - 12:35am #9

Sorry, I found what I have done to the project. I switched to Scripting Runtime Version to 4.6

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 21, 2017 - 1:44am #8

OK, thanks a lot.

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 20, 2017 - 10:57am #7

We are aware of this issue on Mac. I'll update this thread with any updates on any news of a fix.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 20, 2017 - 4:05am #6

And on Windows it states marker data cannot be loaded, such as:

"Dataset QCAR\Tarmac could not be loaded and cannot be activated."

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 20, 2017 - 2:54am #5

The only stuff on this I can find is related to older Unity/Vuforia setups. Any update/timeframe on a solution would be great to plan around.

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 19, 2017 - 1:42pm #4

We are also seeing this intermittently, usually if you make an adjustment to the VR camera rendering settings in VuforiaConfiguration->Digital Eyewear->Stereo Camera Config.

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 18, 2017 - 9:05am #3

Yep, correct. Sorry, I should have described the environment. Running Sierra.

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issues

July 18, 2017 - 8:38am #2

Hello docjaq,

Is this happening to you while developing on Mac?

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support