"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Issue - CheckDisalowAllocation

We're getting issues when entering or leaving a Unity scene with Unity 2017.1.0f3 and Vuforia 6.2.10:

"Fatal Error!

CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

Unity then locks up. Is this a compatibility problem with the new Unity version? If so, any idea on when this will be fixed

Hello docjaq,

Is this happening to you while developing on Mac?

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

patchedreality

Wed, 07/19/2017 - 20:42

We are also seeing this intermittently, usually if you make an adjustment to the VR camera rendering settings in VuforiaConfiguration->Digital Eyewear->Stereo Camera Config.

The only stuff on this I can find is related to older Unity/Vuforia setups. Any update/timeframe on a solution would be great to plan around.

dereklam0528

Thu, 07/20/2017 - 11:05

And on Windows it states marker data cannot be loaded, such as:

"Dataset QCAR\Tarmac could not be loaded and cannot be activated."

Hi, any news on this?

having the same problem, just updated vuforia SDK and it does not work. 

Thanks!

Hi.

Add this problem a bit randomly when launching a device database target project. Annoying but usable. 

Updated MacOS this morning and now the problem is happening every time... Don't know if it exists a cause-effect connection...

Met the same error. It appears every time I try running the image recognition scene in unity editor.

occurrentarts

Mon, 07/31/2017 - 17:40

I'm also experiencing issues with Vuforia in Unity 2017.1.

udvaritibor's LateInit workaround does prevent the CheckDissallowAllocation error and I'm able to run in OSX, but Vuforia throws errors when I attempt a build for iOS.

udvaritibor

Mon, 07/31/2017 - 20:24

@occurrentarts I'm running Vuforia SDK v6.2.10 and Unity 2017.1 and it seems to be working ok for me on iOS. What are the error messages that you are getting exacly?

Dear All, 

i same face this Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

My working environment: vuforia-unity-6-2-10 & Unity 2017.1.0f3, Mac 10.12.6

Dear All, 

i same face this Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

My working environment: vuforia-unity-6-2-10 & Unity 2017.1.0f3, Mac 10.12.6

And after i tested several times, when click the Play mode with AR CAMERA, (when turn on the Camera), the "Fatal Error problem "CheckDisalowAllocation. Allocating memory when it is not allowed to allocate memory."

tabworldmedia

Thu, 08/03/2017 - 09:42

Same here:

• vuforia-unity-6-2-10
  • Unity 2017.1.0f3
  • Mac OS X 10.12.6

Builds for Android work correctly (Development build from Unity, using latest Android SDK).

What is the ETA to have this fixed?

billblakesley

Fri, 08/04/2017 - 15:08

Same issue here. I always dread upgrading to a new version of Unity because of this. I hope the future Unity integration that was revealed last year will result in better version compatibility. Please let us know when there is a fix asap. I have several client relationships riding on this.