Unity 2017.2 Digital Eyewear Stereo not working

October 13, 2017 - 3:39pm #1

I am trying to run Vuforia on my ODG R7 (running Android Marshmallow) glasses with Unity 2017.2 (which supports R7 Marshmallow according to this post: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/news-and-announcements/new-release-vuforia-65-patch-1).

Now that Vuforia is embedded within Unity, I followed the "Getting Started with Unity" article (https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/getting-started-with-vuforia-in-unity-2017-2-beta.html) to run a simple app with an image target, and I also tried using the sample scene provided in their Stereo Digital Eyewear Asset Store package (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/101471).

In both cases, I managed to have the app deployed and the tracking working (Digital content movement follows the movements of the real physical marker). However, in both cases the stereo rendering is wrong. The right eye content is offsetted to the right and the left eye content to the left.

Has anyone come across this issue as well? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

February 28, 2018 - 9:51am #9

nicbill10 wrote:

Hello there!

I have a similar problem:

I'm developing a basic app where a panel appears when a QR code is detected.

When I run my app on my ODG R7, the rendering is wrong. It's like the left eye should be right eye, and vice-versa.

I've made sure that:

-Vuforia augmented reality is checked in player settings

-Device type is Digital Eyewear in the Vuforia Configuration

-Multithreaded rendering is unchecked (I've tried it checked too)

-The calibration of my ODG is good.

I am using Unity 2017.3 by the way!

I also took a screenshot, but the augmentation seems to appear fine, don't know if it'll help.

Thanks in advance.

-Nic

Hello,

Can you download the Stereo Rendering sample and compare your project against it to see if any settings are incorrect?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

February 28, 2018 - 3:54am #8

Hi I send you a quote in my post, and I reply in your post if the service send you a message of quote/reply.

I updated the Reticle OS (to last version in glasses configuration), I updated "Vuforia Stereo Rendering for Digital Eyewear" plugin from Unity 2017.3.0f3 (64-bit) to 7.0.47 version.

(I downloaded the plugin in the Unity store, not from web page).

Then in:

"Player Settings"->"Other Settings" I disable "Multithreaded Rendering"

"Player Settings"->"XR Settings" I activate "Virtual Reality Supported" and selected "Vuforia"

I built an APK and it works!

So I calibrate again the camera with "Vuforia calibration" and it works. I can't believe it.Thank you.

Best regards.

Alejandro Oliver

Virtual Reality Department

www.vistadiferent.com

Unity 2017.3 Digital Eyewear Stereo not working

February 27, 2018 - 8:33am #7

Hello there!

I have a similar problem:

I'm developing a basic app where a panel appears when a QR code is detected.

When I run my app on my ODG R7, the rendering is wrong. It's like the left eye should be right eye, and vice-versa.

I've made sure that:

-Vuforia augmented reality is checked in player settings

-Device type is Digital Eyewear in the Vuforia Configuration

-Multithreaded rendering is unchecked (I've tried it checked too)

-The calibration of my ODG is good.

I am using Unity 2017.3 by the way!

I also took a screenshot, but the augmentation seems to appear fine, don't know if it'll help.

Thanks in advance.

-Nic

AttachmentSize
Image icon Screenshot_19700401-162851.png128.01 KB

October 16, 2017 - 4:21pm #6

I'll make note to update this thread if I have news on this issue in the future.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 16, 2017 - 2:43pm #5

Cool, thanks for the help! It's working now. The tracking is still lagging a little more than with video see-through devices but this is already good! Would you mind letting me know if the multi-threaded rendering gets fixed or if the performance gets improved for digital eyewear in next versions?

Thanks!

October 16, 2017 - 1:35pm #4

Our team is aware of this issue. You can avoid this issue by disabling "Multithreaded Rendering" in Player Settings -> Other Settings -> Rendering.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

October 16, 2017 - 12:50pm #3

I couldn't take a screenshot of each eye on my computer so I took pictures with my phone to try and explain the problem.

Here you can see that the digital content appears:

- on the right side of the FOV for the left eye

- on the left side of the FOV for the right eye

This results in 2 objects in my field of view (one on the right, one on the left), instead of 1 stereo rendered object in the middle

Also, I made sure that:

- Vuforia AR support is activated

- VR Support is activated and Vuforia is at the top of the VR SDK ( I actually tried with and without this setting)

- Digital Eyewear config is set for 'Optical See through' and Vuforia in the See Through config

- Device has been calibrated with the Android Calibration App

Thanks

AttachmentSize
Image icon Left1.jpg412.63 KB
Image icon Right1.jpg446.02 KB

October 13, 2017 - 4:27pm #2

Hello BierroNrec,

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support