"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

Now That a first version of Vuforia 7 (7.0.26) is out with Unity 2017.3 Is have some questions about it.

Now there is a Model Target Behavior that to my understanding should be for integrating model targets. But currently i can not find any way to create a model target. All mentionings of Model Targets do always point to theĀ  "Model Targets Early Access Program". I find id kind of wired to have a public version of unity support this feature but regular developer do not have access to it.

The Ground place was suppose to be in Vuforia Version 7 but its currently not in , guess that this will come later.

And a general technologie question: Is there the option to improve the tracking of the Image targets by extending the tracking via ARKit (or arcore) if the marker went out of view. With big 3D models on image targets you often lose sight of the image target and having a "relatively" stable tracking even if lost will be essential to make it practical.

dev19872014

Tue, 12/05/2017 - 05:23

Hi,

Any document how to use ground Plane technology?

Yanndecouessin

Tue, 12/05/2017 - 10:38

In reply to by dev19872014

Up !

I'm trying to figure out how to use Ground plane or Mid Air.

Thanks !

noemis

Wed, 12/20/2017 - 10:58

In reply to by dev19872014

maybe this helps: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html

So when is patch1 for 2017.3 due to be released? Looks like that's required in order to enable Ground Plane features on non ARkit/ARCore devices like the iPhone 6 generation that so many people still have and use today.

???

dev19872014

Fri, 01/19/2018 - 05:56

Hi,

I have issues with Android ground plane, showing more jittery behavior.(test on Samsung s8) (Unity 2017.3.0p2)