Log in or register to post comments

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

November 3, 2017 - 1:19am #8

Now That a first version of Vuforia 7 (7.0.26) is out with Unity 2017.3 Is have some questions about it.

Now there is a Model Target Behavior that to my understanding should be for integrating model targets. But currently i can not find any way to create a model target. All mentionings of Model Targets do always point to the  "Model Targets Early Access Program". I find id kind of wired to have a public version of unity support this feature but regular developer do not have access to it.

The Ground place was suppose to be in Vuforia Version 7 but its currently not in , guess that this will come later.

And a general technologie question: Is there the option to improve the tracking of the Image targets by extending the tracking via ARKit (or arcore) if the marker went out of view. With big 3D models on image targets you often lose sight of the image target and having a "relatively" stable tracking even if lost will be essential to make it practical.

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

November 3, 2017 - 9:14am #7

Hello MoritzN,

MoritzN wrote:

Now there is a Model Target Behavior that to my understanding should be for integrating model targets. But currently i can not find any way to create a model target. All mentionings of Model Targets do always point to the  "Model Targets Early Access Program". I find id kind of wired to have a public version of unity support this feature but regular developer do not have access to it.

Model Target is being introduced in 7, but at the current time only those in EAP can create Model Targets. We'll make an announcement when this feature is fully launched and available for all to use.

MoritzN wrote:

The Ground place was suppose to be in Vuforia Version 7 but its currently not in , guess that this will come later.

Ground Plane will come in a future 2017.3 beta build.

MoritzN wrote:

And a general technologie question: Is there the option to improve the tracking of the Image targets by extending the tracking via ARKit (or arcore) if the marker went out of view. With big 3D models on image targets you often lose sight of the image target and having a "relatively" stable tracking even if lost will be essential to make it practical.

This is the sort of thing falls under the upcoming Vuforia Fusion, which will utilize ARKit (and ARCore) to bring advanced features to supported devices. Keep an eye on this page for more information on this going forward: https://developer.vuforia.com/

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

December 4, 2017 - 9:23pm #6

Hi,

Any document how to use ground Plane technology?

 

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

December 5, 2017 - 2:38am #5

Up !

 

I'm trying to figure out how to use Ground plane or Mid Air.

Thanks !

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

December 20, 2017 - 2:58am #4

maybe this helps: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html

but before getting crazy (like me): you should check step 10, especially which devices support ground plane and in which (upcoming) unity version, for me this was the end for my test... (see supported devices)

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

December 20, 2017 - 6:39am #3

So when is patch1 for 2017.3 due to be released? Looks like that's required in order to enable Ground Plane features on non ARkit/ARCore devices like the iPhone 6 generation that so many people still have and use today.

 

???

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

December 21, 2017 - 3:29pm #2

Hello djsegler,

The patch for 2017.3 containing Vuforia 7.0.43 should be available in January.

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

Unity 2017.3 Model target and ground Plane

January 18, 2018 - 9:56pm #1

Hi,

I have issues with Android ground plane, showing more jittery behavior.(test on Samsung s8) (Unity 2017.3.0p2)

 

Log in or register to post comments