- Go to unity, download the samples (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/99026) and enable XR Settings to use Support Vuforia.
- Drag the ImageTargets Sample scene into Hierchy, and make it the default scene.
- Under ImageTarget_Fissure > Video game object, Inspector, Video Player component:
- Change source from VideoClip to URL
- Enter mp4 video url. For my testing, I have added (http://www.html5videoplayer.net/videos/toystory.mp4)
- Build and deploy on an Android device. I am currently using Samsung Note 5.
- Observe the first few minutes when the video is being prepared. Abysmal performance. The who app is frozen, frames are dropped, for 2-5 seconds until video is fully prepared.
This just makes it unusable. Is this really something that Unity/Vuforia told us to get excited about? Is this something that you are looking into get fixed? Because really, I cannot deploy something like this to production. I can't hardcode my videos into the app because it would make the app large and unscalable.