I'm getting to the end of another extremely painful upgrade of one of our projects to the latest Vuforia, Unity and GoogleVR versions. The last issue I need to fix is as follows:
- build for iOS
- enter HANDHELD_AR mode with Cardboard viewer (XRSettings.LoadDeviceByName("cardboard"))
- press the 'gear / settings' icon to go to the native cardboard viewer selection screen
- return to HANDHELD_AR mode by selecting 'skip'
- video background is now black
- The following error (seemingly from ARKit) is present in the log:
Code-104 unsupported capture session configuration
The unsupported mode in question is: 875704438 (YUV)
Can anyone help me ?
- Unity 2017.3.0f3
- Vuforia 7.0.36
- GVR 1.110.0
- iOS 11.0
- iPhone 7, iPhone 8
- xCode 9.2
NOTE: this is similar but not the same as the sticky issue: Known issue when developing with Vuforia 7, Xcode 9.3 and iOS 11.3 beta (ARKit 1.5) the version numbers are different, and the problem presents differently.