"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Upgrade to Unity2017.2.0b8

hi, i've got the error message when upgrade old vuforia unity project to unity2017.2.0b8?

how to deal?

thank you!

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly /Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error) Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

Hello Ryan2015,

We will be providing documentation for migrating a Vuforia project from Unity 5.6 to Unity 2017.2 closer to when 2017.2 is out of beta. Stay tuned to the forums and https://developer.vuforia.com/ for more information in the future.

Thanks,

Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/main/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=o69UynJAQUME1HwgwOcgAA00af&locale=en&session_state=2dcf27211e8d92e77709c9a662f6c6f5f9436ed0690b86f9214ec2a41eb165e6.iYjKO_kcPSorS96bInXSzQ006f

Unity released their 1st final release candidate for the beta. Has any documentation been posted? If not, ETA on when we it will be?

Thanks,

Mark

tbad1g1tal

Mon, 09/25/2017 - 18:58

Actually its out of beta now & we're screwed; can't download the old sample from vuforia dev portal to run on 5.x; & 2017.2 is utterly broken; we have a tight deadline - I guess I was naive enough to think that good ol vuforia would be ready to use..

@tbad1g1tal
Vuforia package runs fine on Unity 5.6.
If you are using 2017.2 then Vuforia is built into the editor. You will need to check the box for vuforia when you install. 

The migration document is on its way, please stay tuned for updates!

-Vuforia Support

I downloaded Unity 2017.3.0b2 with Vuforia 7.0.22 and I tried importing the User Defined Target Builder. It is missing the UDT Event Handler script. The current documentations and samples is for the older Vuforia so I don't know how the latest version works.

Hello yenkim,

A Vuforia compatible version of Unity 2017.3 will be available soon, but for now I recommend sticking with the 2017.2 build.

Thanks,

Hi Ryan,

I got the same errors as well. Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Thank you.

The migration documentation is available here: https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/migrate-vuforia-62-to-65.html

Thanks,

fabiotg54

Wed, 10/18/2017 - 10:59

Hi there!

How can I update Unity 2017.2 projects with multitarget?

Following your update instructions the multitarget get missing.

Best Regards

Fábio

Hello Fábio,

Are you not able to add a multitarget object via the Unity Game Object menu in Unity 2017.2 after migrating? It is expected that the imported project will be missing the old object references, but you should be able to update this using the new objects.

Thanks,