"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Video playback Unity 2017.2

Hi!

I'm testing unity with Vuforia but I am not able to get the video to load after the image marker is found.

It loads 3D models without any problems, but does not play video.

I've been looking through a bunch of (now old) tutorials without being able to figure this thing out.

Do I need to add something to the Default Trackable Event Handler? Anyone have a solution to this? Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, and so far it seems to play a video sith "Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie", but I need some custom interface ontop of it.

marthetra

Fri, 10/06/2017 - 10:48

I've only tried testing with the webcam so far, and I do not know how to configure the video player correctly, or if to use it at all. 

I am brand new to both unity and vuforia - without too much programming experience, so the learning curve is incredibly steep.

Hi Gal,

When you want to display a video on tracking of an Image Target, the plane (or whatever primitive or mesh you want the video on) should have these components:

- Video Player component (Unity component)

- VIdeo Controller Script

[quote=LAGroup]

Hi Gal,

When you want to display a video on tracking of an Image Target, the plane (or whatever primitive or mesh you want the video on) should have these components:

- Video Player component (Unity component)

- VIdeo Controller Script

marthetra

Tue, 10/10/2017 - 12:21

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded and imported the Core Samples. When running it (in Unity with webcam) I don't get any response at all.

The console does not register tracked images and the player does not play video nor display 3D models.

marthetra

Fri, 10/13/2017 - 11:44

Finally made it work!
However, the video is displayed upside down and sticking to the screen rather than tracking on the image.

Any idea what is causing this?

Hey guys,

New to Vuforia/ Unity world, so , bear with me. 

Hi,

I'm still having the same issue with the white screen, 

Could anyone please help me with that matter ??

Thank you 

pedrozocatelli

Wed, 04/17/2019 - 18:25

In reply to by fashour

You should create, on the quad that is shown when the target is found, a VideoPlayer.

At the ImageTarget, you should edit the DefaultTrackableEventHandler script.

Add a public UnityEngine.Video.VideoPlayer videoPlayer;