"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia 7.2.24 : using physics (gravity) and extended tracking

Hi,

I make an AR game with some physics from Unity (like gravity and all). In the previous version of Vuforia, my ARCamera was set to "first target", the tracker (imagetarget) defined the ground plane, and I could use extended tracking on my ImageTarget: everything worked well.

But, I have updated Vuforia to version 7.2.24 and figured out there is no extended tracking anymore on ImageTarget and I am forced to use "Device Tracker" in order to replace the extended tracking feature.

The issue I have is that, using the "Device Tracker", the ground plane defined by my tracker (image target) is not always horizontal in the Unity world, which is a big problem for the physics forces. Moreover, the device tracker is not precise enough, it is shaking a bit, so my ground and other objects shake too and move by physics while they should not (because the ground is supposed to be stable, but it is unstable because of imprecisions from device tracker).

I did not have this issue before because I used "first target", so the ground was fixed, only the camera was moving around the target. Now, with "device tracking", the camera and the target are both moving, causing troubles in the physics.

How can I make it work like before, having something similar to "first target" setting in my ARCamera and extended tracking, using Vuforia 7.2.24 ?

Thanks in advance.