I've been struggling for 16 hours the past 2 days and I can't get my head around why Vuforia keeps crashing in the editor randomly.
The steps I do are as followed:
- Make a new project in Unity 2019.3.3
- Install Vuforia via Package Manager
- Update Vuforia to 8.6.10 (currently newest)
- Add License
- Download database and implement
- Delete Camera
- Create AR Camera
- Leave all settings on Default
- Create new Image Target
- Add sphere as child and move it a bit up
- Press Play
- Randomly between 1-15 times of pressing play it sometimes decides to crash
It was working when we were using Unity 2018.3.5, but we had to upgrade due to UIWebview being deprecated in iOs soon in April 2020.
- Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - Version 1909
- Unity 2019.3.3f1 (installed via Unity Hub)
- Visual Studio 2019
My hardware specs are:
- Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz
- 16 GB DDR4 Ram
- 256GB M2 SSD + 1TB HDD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (GP104M) [ASUS])
- NVIDIA Studio Driver 442.19 is installed
I tested this problem on another Desktop and the same problem occurs, I tried switching webcams.
After checking the crash logs, it says that it crashes on VuforiaWrapper.dll
I attached the crash logs, I'm really out of options. Thank you in advance!