"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia crash in Unity 2019.3.3f1

Hello,

I've been struggling for 16 hours the past 2 days and I can't get my head around why Vuforia keeps crashing in the editor randomly.

The steps I do are as followed:

• Make a new project in Unity 2019.3.3
  • Install Vuforia via Package Manager
  • Update Vuforia to 8.6.10 (currently newest)
  • Add License
  • Download database and implement
  • Delete Camera
  • Create AR Camera
  • Leave all settings on Default
  • Create new Image Target
  • Add sphere as child and move it a bit up
  • Press Play
  • Randomly between 1-15 times of pressing play it sometimes decides to crash

It was working when we were using Unity 2018.3.5, but we had to upgrade due to UIWebview being deprecated in iOs soon in April 2020.

I'm using:

• Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - Version 1909
  • Unity 2019.3.3f1 (installed via Unity Hub)
  • Visual Studio 2019

My hardware specs are:

• Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz
  • 16 GB DDR4 Ram
  • 256GB M2 SSD + 1TB HDD
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (GP104M) [ASUS])
  • NVIDIA Studio Driver 442.19 is installed

I tested this problem on another Desktop and the same problem occurs, I tried switching webcams.

After checking the crash logs, it says that it crashes on VuforiaWrapper.dll

I attached the crash logs, I'm really out of options. Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed post.

Does this happen always when you enter Playmode?

Could you please check Windows Settings/Privacy/Camera and set "Allow apps to access your camera" to "on?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

rudolfwm

Fri, 03/06/2020 - 09:52

In reply to by mcotora

The crashes occur randomly, but always when I enter Playmode. Sometimes it works after pressing 5/10x play and then crashes, other times it crashes after restarting Unity and pressing play 2x. It's completely random, but always the VuforiaWrapper.dll.

Hi,

Do you have any antivirus running besides Windows Defender? If yes, could you please add Unity and Unity project as exceptions?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

rudolfwm

Wed, 03/18/2020 - 13:31

In reply to by mcotora

I have nothing else running besides Windows Defender, but I added the following Exclusions just in case.

VladVlad1

Wed, 03/11/2020 - 08:00

Same error here, I just edit one string in my scripts - hit play and it crashes with like 50% chance. Logfile also contains VuforiaWrapper.dll violation error.

Hi @VladVlad1 & @rudolfwm

I was able to reproduce the issue and informed the dev team.

I have tried to reproduce on Windows and also on Mac this seems to be reproducible only on Windows.

As soon as I have new info, I will update the thread.

Thank you.

I also saw that Vuforia released a new version: 9.0.12, but I cannot find any changelog online or within the project after updating.

Hopefully it has been fixed in this version, I shall await your reply and test in the meantime.

Hi,

We are in the process of releasing the new version, all information including release notes will be available shortly on our website.

Unfortunately the issue is not fixed in 9.0.12 but should come in the next release.

cuiyh1993

Sat, 03/21/2020 - 04:10

I have the same problem. It will crash randomly and lead to bad development. I want to know when I can fix it. Please do it as soon as possible,thanks thanks thanks

Hi @rudolfwm and @cuiyh1993

It seems that with the new 9.0.12 version, the issue is not reproducible.

Could you please confirm that you are also encountering this issue with 9.0.12?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

HI @mcotora

My unity version is 2019.3.2f , and the first time I met this problem was in vuforia 8.5.9,then I upgraded the version to 9.0.12,but there are still problems,random crash...

The main functions I use are "ImageTarget"

Hi,

Thank you both for the info.

As soon as I have new info from the dev team, I will update the thread.

Vuforia Engine Support

hi all....

Same issue here... trying tu update unity, vuforia... constantly freeze or crash !

Please PTC !! do something..... :-/

Unity 2019.3.7 and 2019.3.3

vuforia 8.5 to 9.0...

glenngartner

Fri, 04/10/2020 - 03:52

Same issue here: 
Unity 2019.3.1f1, Vuforia 9.0.12

Windows 10, Editor

As other users report, the first time hitting "Play" in the editor, all is well. 2nd, or if you're lucky, 3rd, and the editor crashes. 

Editor.log call stack: 

Hi all,

The issue has been fixed and will be available in our next release, that should be around, end of April.

Thank you for your understanding.

Vuforia Engine Support

Hi @rudolfwm,

Unfortunately I do not have visibility on the issue itself.

@tnagaraju

The issue first originated with 8.6.10 so I do not expect earlier versions to "work" with 2019.3.3. However please feel to try.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @mcotora,

How is the update coming along? Wouldn't it be at the end of April?

Attachment