"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia version downgrading from 7.0.47 to 6.2.6 on package import

As the title states, The vuforia version is downgrading from 7.0.47 when i import the vuforia package (by going to GameObject > Vuforia > adding ARCamera).  To give some background, i'm upgrading an old project. However when i delete all vuforia items in the project, the version number returns back to 7.0.47 when the Vuforia Configuration file is regenerated. Then simply returns to 6.2.6 when the package is re-imported.

I'm using Unity 2017.3.1.f1, the  https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/How-To-Migrate-a-Unity-Project.html page is outdated and doesnt seem to include instructions for vuforia 7.

Please advise.

Hello AGamlin,

The migration steps for 6.2 -> 6.5 should also cover what is needed for migrating 6.2 -> 7.0. Is this the path that you took?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

Are you able to add Vuforia 7 features at that point in the project (e.g. Ground Plane and Model Targets)? Do you have any compile errors? Could you share some screenshots of your project?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

It is now working.

Just so the next person doesn't struggle as i did, it was rolling back to 6 because of the Unity Meta files, they need to be deleted along with their vuforia files in order for it to maintain version 7.047 when importing the vuforia package.