"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Using VuMark to track 600 items with multiple cameras

Hi community,

is it possible to track 600 items on a big floor with multiple cameras (say 20-30)? All the items have the target placed horizontally, and the cameras are on the ceiling, also placed horizontally. I think I can divide this into the following sub-questions:

• What is the maximum number of simulanuously tracked items (out of 600 unique VuMark instances) for 1 camera (e.g. Android device)? 10? 30?
  • What is the minimum size of a squared VuMark target to be identifyable by the camera? 5% of the camera viewport length & width? 10%?
  • Is there a system to merge information of multiple cameras, if they follow the path of the same items (= VuMark targets)? The cameras have different - but overlapping - viewports.

I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks a lot Meinhard

You might be pushing the limits of VuMarks with this, but why not give it a quick test by downloading the samples.  At the very least you can see pretty quickly the percentage (which is probably closer to 10-15% vs 5%).