If you are using or planning to use the Android Studio IDE, here are some notes about how to import and build the Vuforia samples:
- Read our Getting Started Guide for instructions on setting up the Java SDK, Android SDK and NDK:
- Make sure you have installed the latest version available of Android Studio from:
- Use the Android SDK Manager (from within Android Studio) to get the latest Android SDK and Platform tools
- Launch Android Studio
- Select File - > Import Project ...
- Select "Create Project from Existing Source" and select the "ImageTargets-x-y-z" sample directory (or any other Vuforia sample) to import the sample project
- In the Project view, right-click on the Project and select "Open Module Settings..."
- In the dialog window that opens, select "Modules" and then select the "Dependencies" tab
- Click on the "+" icon to add a new dependency, and select "Jars and directories..."
- Browse to the QCAR.jar under your vuforia installation directory (e.g., "C:\Development\Android\vuforia-sdk-2-5-7\build\java\QCAR.jar")
- Click Apply
- Compile the project
- Build the native code using the cygwin console and ndk-build (as explained in our Getting Started guide)
- Run the app on your device
Note: as reported on the Android website:
Android Studio is currently available as anearly access preview. Several features are either incomplete or not yet implemented and you may encounter bugs. If you are not comfortable using an unfinished product, you may want to instead download (or continue to use) the ADT Bundle(Eclipse with the ADT Plugin).