medabit wrote: If you had a 3D model of the home you could certainly use that for Model Targets, and is likely a good use case. I'm assuming the challenge here is to get a 3D model that can be imported into the MTG, and is accurate enough to be recognized by the Vuforia Engine SDK.
Hey, today I also think about that solution. First I have discussed about the solution with Image Target, which later on seem to be unsuitable because image when i move to the right of the object (house), then the whole AR content will be disappeared because the target will not be detected by the hololens camera.
Furthermore I just realize that I definitely have some 3D Model ob the object, which need to be fill with AR content, so I think I could make use of that.
So from your advice and from my understanding so far I will have to follow these step to do my work
1. Follow this instruction to create a model target from here (https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/how-to-create-model-target.html)
2. Import the newly created model target to unity like this instruction (https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/introduction-model-targets-unity.html)
3. Start tracking the model in realview (the house in this case). In case the house got detected. User will see the model of that house via the hololens camera similar to the gif of this link (https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/introduction-model-targets-unity.html)
An example from Vuforia PTC look like this (just under android):
As I can see in the youtube video, when the camera detected the real model, the real object has been replaced by its 3D Model (AR like) and with the functions the model target generator provided, I could expand the 3D Model to use for inspect.
In my case of course I dont want to inspect the 3D Model. What I wish to have is:
After define the model target with external Application (Model Target Generator) and import this to Unity and deploy the Application for Hololens, I can start the App in hololens.
As soon as the real object(example house, table ...) got detected, instead of showing the 3D Model of the object (like in the video), the app should only enable the AR Content (Information of that object). So the user still only see the real object (object will not changed to 3D Model) and the AR Content (information) as additional.
What I thinking of:
1. The Model Target Generator is a completely independent application.
2. Similar like the question from the beginning. I have to do the import of the to database manually (because of static device) so i can track the object later on.
What I really hope and wish to have an answer:
1. Is it possible to have the whole process from creating the target model until import to the database working in one app (special for Hololens). Is that possible with cloud targets like you mentioned above ?
Otherwise I have to follow the 3 steps and that mean I will have to use a PC or an android smartphone to construct the model target first and import that to unity so after that I can deploy to Hololens.
To sum up my whole unclear question: I would like to implement similar/same function like this example from vuforia ptc:
except the target I aim to is the application should run on hololens and maybe if possible instead of showing 3D Model of the bike, only informations about the bike should appear.
Thanks for listening