Topic locked

Crash with Unity3d 4.5.4 ios8

September 12, 2014 - 5:21am #1

Hi,

unfortunatly our App crashes when trying to build with Unity3D 4.5.4 immediatly at startup:

#1 0x00b059ca in QCARUnityPlayer::getRotationFlag(char const*) [inlined] at /Volumes/MacintoshHD2/work/bd49a2f5b2169f1d/Unity_iOS/QCARUnityPlayer/iOS/src/QCARUnityPlayer.cpp:164

App uses Vuforia 2.8.9.
I know i could update to 3.x but that has higher requirements and i doubt updating would go smooth and easy.

PS: i guess the last Unity Version i was able to build with was Unity 4.5.3 BUT there my Augmentation was of (like the objects did not stick to the targetmarker, when moving the cam they were sliding) AND all those older Unity Versions have trouble with ios8 xcode 6.

November 11, 2014 - 11:01am #12

Thanks pacolaf for confirming this worked for you too.

BTW: latest Unity version is 4.5.5 (not 4.5.4 anymore). Issue and workaround are the same, anyway.

November 11, 2014 - 10:34am #11

As AlessandroB suggested, editing the Info.plist file in my Xcode project generated by Unity and adding this key solved my problem!

<key>UIInterfaceOrientation</key>

<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>

I don't know if this issue has been corrected in Unity3d 4.5.5 Sorry, I know, this is a Vuforia issue, not a Unity3d problem... Waiting for next Vuforia version!

Thank you very much!

September 29, 2014 - 3:41am #10

That looks correct, indeed.

Is that occurring on a Vuforia sample ? or is it a custom app ?

Here I cannot reproduce that in any of the Vuforia samples (using Xcode6, Unity 4.5.4 and iOS8).

September 29, 2014 - 3:25am #9
<dict>
    [...]
    <key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
    <array>
    </array>
    [...]
</dict>

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I can confirm that the values used are correct.

September 29, 2014 - 3:03am #8

Hi hypermole,

I think you're getting that error probably because you have not entered the correct value for UIInterfaceOrientationXYZ

note that this must be one of the following:

• UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait
  • UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft
  • UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight
  • UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown

Also, if the value that you're using does not appear in the list of values (array) under UISupportedInterfaceOrientations,

then you will also get an error.

September 29, 2014 - 2:56am #7

AlessandroB wrote:

See also the sticky notice here with a more detailed solution:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-3-extension-technical-discussion/unity-454-and-vuforia-ios

Note: the next version of Vuforia will fix this issue.

I can confirm the error.

I've followed the guide, the error changed but we still have an EXC_BAD_ACCESS on

ScreenOrientation fromController = ConvertToUnityScreenOrientation(host.interfaceOrientation,0);

Using Unity 4.5.4f1 PRO, iOS8 and xcode6

September 16, 2014 - 9:16am #6

See also the sticky notice here with a more detailed solution:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-3-extension-technical-discussion/unity-454-and-vuforia-ios

Note: the next version of Vuforia will fix this issue.

September 15, 2014 - 9:22am #5

Hi ,

this seems an issue just introduced with Unity 4.5.4;

we're currently investigating this.

As a temporary workaround, you can manually edit the Info.plist file in your Xcode project generated by Unity and add this key:

(note: check the value of the key UISupportedInterfaceOrientations in the same Info.plist file;   if this mentions UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait, then put the same value for the UIInterfaceOrientation key,   otherwise if it mentions UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft or UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight, use the same value also for UIInterfaceOrientation....   i.e.   the UIInterfaceOrientation value should be consistent with the UISupportedInterfaceOrientations value)

and then rebuild and launch from Xcode.

(or otherwise revert to Unity 4.5.3)

September 15, 2014 - 8:09am #4

This happens with iOS 7 as well.

September 15, 2014 - 7:47am #3

I can confirm this! No solution, though.

Looks like Unity changed the device orientation code for iOS 8 compatibility: "iOS: Fixed startup orientation handling on iOS 8." ( http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-4.5.4 

I guess we have to stick to Unity 4.5.3 until a Vuforia update.

September 14, 2014 - 6:13am #2

nobody? thats hard to believe as it breaks everything. I also send a bug report to unity about this.

Topic locked