Targets not working in 2017.2.0f3 (besides samples)

October 13, 2017 - 6:05am #1

Hi all,

I have installed Unity 2017.2.0f3. Followed the small guide to set up the sample project and it works, but when I try to use my own targets from my own Target Manager none of them are recognized.

I have done the following:

activated Vuforia when creating the project, switched to android platform (activated Vufuria in XR settings for Editor and Android), deactivated compatibility with TV, and set up properly the bundle ID.

Set up everything following the guide. Targets couldnt be recognized because of camera not focusing, I downloaded a script for autofocus and after that the samples were working perfectly.

I went into my Vuforia account, got a free license, switched to Target Manager and created a database.

In this database I tried several pictures, a coloured image with different forms, two logos in black and white and one of the sample images. All of them got 4-5 stars. Notice that one of the images I uploaded was one of the samples (the Fissure image).

I download the database and import it as custom package into unity, set up the license, activate all databases, go to the target i was using in the sample and switch the target to my database and one of my images, compile and run on android.

None of them work, not even the Fissure image which is one of the samples which I just uploaded. If I switch the image target to one of the sample it works.

Any idea what is going on? Is it because I am using a free license? In the pricing options is written as follows:

On Everyday Surfaces (Checked on free)

On Objects from Images (Unchecked on free)

Best regards,

Antonio.

March 26, 2018 - 1:21am #6

Vardemis wrote:

Hi all,

I have installed Unity 2017.2.0f3. Followed the small guide to set up the sample project and it works, but when I try to use my own targets from my own Target Manager none of them are recognized.

I have done the following:

activated Vuforia when creating the project, switched to android platform (activated Vufuria in XR settings for Editor and Android), deactivated compatibility with TV, and set up properly the bundle ID.

Set up everything following the guide. Targets couldnt be recognized because of camera not focusing, I downloaded a script for autofocus and after that the samples were working perfectly.

I went into my Vuforia account, got a free license, switched to Target Manager and created a database.

In this database I tried several pictures, a coloured image with different forms, two logos in black and white and one of the sample images. All of them got 4-5 stars. Notice that one of the images I uploaded was one of the samples (the Fissure image).

I download the database and import it as custom package into unity, set up the license, activate all databases, go to the target i was using in the sample and switch the target to my database and one of my images, compile and run on android.

None of them work, not even the Fissure image which is one of the samples which I just uploaded. If I switch the image target to one of the sample it works.

Any idea what is going on? Is it because I am using a free license? In the pricing options is written as follows:

On Everyday Surfaces (Checked on free)

On Objects from Images (Unchecked on free)

Best regards,

Antonio.

December 23, 2017 - 9:36pm #5

Noting also that the Vuforia Development License Key is a free key...   so you CAN use your own image targets & databases with that free dev license key.

The response from Vuforia Support's Strasza in this other thread

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/image-targets-not-recognized-unity-20172

contained the fix for me, specifically because the supplied script in the Vuforia Samples unitypackage was overriding the Vuforia Configuration Player Settings database load & activate (in SamplesMainMenu.cs)

Thx @Strasza  !  You rock!

cutnpasted quoted fix below:

Strasza wrote:

Hello Paperclap,

Here are two quick things you can check to make sure your databases are loading.

Is your custom database checked to be loaded and activated within the Vuforia Configuration file?

If you're using the sample app and running the full set of scenes (loading a specific scene through our menus), make sure you go into the SamplesMainMenu.cs script and modify the code to load your database instead of the Mars samples. This code is setting the databases to use and overwriting what is set in the Vuforia Configuration.

Let me know if one of those resolves your issue.

Thanks,

-Vuforia Support

I fixed my .cs code with this (My Database name is VuforiaJME, and I just wanted to test my own Image Target as well as the samples in the ImageTargets scene )

switch (scene)
        {
            case ("ImageTargets"):
                dbConfig.DataSetsToLoad = dbConfig.DataSetsToActivate = new[] { "VuforiaJME","VuforiaMars_Images" };
                break;
            case ("MultiTargets"):
            case ("VirtualButtons"):
            case ("CylinderTargets"):
                dbConfig.DataSetsToLoad = dbConfig.DataSetsToActivate = new[] { "VuforiaMars_Images" };
                break;
            case ("ObjectReco"):
                dbConfig.DataSetsToLoad = dbConfig.DataSetsToActivate = new[] { "VuforiaMars_Object_OT" };
                break;
            case ("VuMark"):
                dbConfig.DataSetsToLoad = dbConfig.DataSetsToActivate = new[] { "VuforiaMars_VuMark" };
                config.Vuforia.MaxSimultaneousImageTargets = 10;
                break;
        }

October 16, 2017 - 6:23am #4

In my experience, whenever you create an object, Vuforia deactivates the database. This does not happen in the sample projects. You can still access the content, but the triggers do not play. Make sure that the last thing you do before you press play, is to check that the database is active and loaded. :)

Hope this helps.

Marthe

October 16, 2017 - 3:30am #3

Same here,

vuforia doesn't recognizes image targets in 2017.2.0f3

The same target database works great  in unity 5.6.0f3.

October 13, 2017 - 6:24am #2

Some things to check out.  

- The free license does not do your own image targets, only development and paid, You clicked Get Dev Key in License Manager?

- Does it work in the editor with a webcam?

- You clicked both Load and Activate for your dataset in Configuration

- You have a 3d object as a child of the image target